Old 20-03-2003, 02:32 AM
Cass

Default Bye Bye Hansa (etc.)

Larry Blanchard wrote:

Here's a picture of my "little" rugosa.

http://members.fortunecity.com/lgb1/roses/Hansa.htm

Hansa Smansa (okay, it's a really good one), Larry, tell us about May
Queen!

How come you don't play a bit, tie those canes down, make them do
looptiloops? Looks like May Queen grows about like my Chevy Chase. I
just spend a whole afternoon untangling the canes from my neighbor's
side of the fence where I stored them during the winter winds. I drove
some U-stakes into the rock, I mean ground, in a semi-circle to peg
them down in front of the rose. The ones I couldn't get back on my
side of the fence because they'd grown through it, I curled back toward
the fence and tied, forming D's. It's dark and raining, but I'll take a
pic soon. Basically, the front looks like a big Daddy Long Legs and the
back, on the other side of the fence, looks like a bustle. Have some
fun - that's what ramblers are all about.

--
-=-
Cass