Old 30-08-2006, 12:51 AM posted to aus.gardens
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Aphids on my roses, time to wage war

"Ms Leebee" wrote in message

Have never noticed ants in connection with my roses, but will keep a

sharper
lookout.

I've been wondering about this since Len and others kept reporting
that they have both on their roses.

I know that I do a fair amount of scratching around and managing the
soil and the plants under my roses and the ant nests in my garden are
all in drier places where I do not ever disturb them.

I had one bed which did have ants harvesting from scale insect from a
bush but as soon as I started working up that bed and improving the
soil and improved my general sol management practices, they
disappeared and haven't been back since.

How do you grow your roses and manage the soil?