Old 31-08-2006, 11:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jon ChicKen$ M@ster Jon ChicKen$ M@ster is offline

Default Do plants absorb toxins from the soil?

Powerless Agronomist wrote:

The plants are absorbing toxins - plain sample are pesticides which remain
in plants and finish in our body, and then start gambling with our health,
some win many lose..

Yes I know, but pesticides enter into the plants because of phloem
allows some of them (some active matters) to move through its vessels
(to be selectively translocated through its vessels), others cannot be
translocateed and stop on the plant surface and/or in the parenchymatic
cells beside it.

I need to know if (every, or some) plant phloem allows Nerium oleander
toxin to be translocated through its vessels as easily as some
pesticides, so that this toxin could be stored in its edible tissues and
damage our health.
Thanks, bye,
Jon