Old 20-03-2003, 05:56 AM
Cass

Default still another batch of roses

Allegra wrote:

We share something in common, I don't care much for yellow
roses, as a matter of fact last summer I donated to the entry
to our little community all the Sun Goddesses that were found
in this house when we moved, and I have a couple of Henry
Fondas that are waiting for a fellow rosarian to come and get
them out of here. I cannot explain why, but the ones with
the buff shade are quite beautiful (E.Veyrat Hermanos is one
of my all time favorites) to me but yellow-yellow is another story.

Guess who is the first to bloom this year? Safrano! (Well, Fortune's
Double Yellow is trying to open up too.) Talk about a rose slow to
build, Safrano is right at the top of the list. I bought this tiny
twiglet from Ralph Moore's place on January 11, 2000. Just now it is
about 30" tall and pulls buds out of the air like a magician. I love
buff roses and the old yolky yellow, the shades of Lady Hillingdon,
Danae, English Garden, Crepuscule, Buff Beauty (waiting for Regina to
claim her). I have pots of Golden Celebration, Celine Forestier,
Sunshine Sally (Poor little Sunshine Sally suffers from the yellow
curse [blackspot]), and Flutterbye waiting to join their yolky
sisters...just as soon as I excavate some new rose bunkers.