Old 01-09-2006, 09:53 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Ron Clon Ron Clon is offline

Default Java Moss Help

Do you let it float around or weigh it down with a rock or something?

Thanks

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 16:06:05 GMT, Wayne Sallee
wrote:

It was probably dead. If I buy the stuff from my
wholesaler, it will do the same thing. So I make sure it's
growing well in my tanks. It grows fast enough in my tanks
to keep up with the demand, but I don't dare buy it from
my wholesaler, otherwise it will go from dead green to
dead brown :-)

Wayne Sallee
Wayne's Pets

Richard Sexton wrote on 8/24/2006 6:31 PM:
In article . com,
wrote:
When it grows. I've just recently had a 90 FULL of the stuff, but I
went through several false starts with it. I suspect the java moss I
previously got from my LFS was dead just still green.

Nah, brown when dead, green when alive. Maybe it ran out of food. It'll
do that sometimes.

BTW, I think folks sometimes confuse Java Moss and Java Fern in terms
of rate of growth. It's been my experience that Java Fern is a pretty
slow grower.

Agreed.