Old 01-09-2006, 10:51 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Pete[_2_] Pete[_2_] is offline

Default First time w/ plants. PMDD, DIY CO2, and lots of questions!

On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 16:13:39 +0100, "2pods" wrote:

Snipped and saved for reference :-)

I came across what appeared to be a very cheap pH controller from
http://www.monitors-direct.co.uk/
I had my doubts about a controller and probe for under £70,but I've
had it for a month now and so far I have been impressed.
The displayed value correlates with the results from my Hagen pH test,
and when I check the calibration weekly, it's only drifted by about
0.01pH
I don't know how long the gel probe will last - I'd guess at a year or
so, but replacements are widely availabe and monitors-direct sell
probes for about £13
To get the controller for under £70, you have to register at
http://www.reefcove.co.uk/forums/
Go to the Monitors-Direct forum there - the post is at the top.

Hope this helps,
Good luck
Pete

Thanks a lot Pete :-)
P.S.
What lighting are you using ?

Peter

I done a diy job on my existing wood hood ( I have a sea-bray tank)
I cut 2 square holes and got some 2nd hand wall washers into which I
fitted 150W metal halide lamps 6,500k.
With 3 x 36W triton flouros it's probably a bit ott, but it looks
great and the plants are doing very well.

Pete