Old 20-03-2003, 08:56 AM
torgo

Default still another batch of roses

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 07:34:28 GMT, "Allegra"
wrote:

Oh, no you don't. Faced with certain death all and any
measures are not only possible but acceptable. Cheap
garbage cans filled with potting soil can hold those babies
until the second coming is done.

I know that others may not approve but between the choice
of having my babies drown and taking them to higher ground
guess what? I will dig every one of them out, prune them back
to kingdom come to make them think that winter is here,
and put them inside the garage or on higher ground inside some
buckets or even cardboard boxes for lack of anything else
with enough soil to cover their roots. And if the weather says
the monsoon will stay until next week, then I bet you could
put them well wrapped in wet newspapers inside making sure
they are still moist until it passes. What do you really have to
lose except some beautiful roses otherwise?

I'm considering digging up every one of them, putting them in pots,
bringing them inside, and keeping all 41 of them on my kitchen floor
until this mysterious alleged yellow orb decides to show itself in the
daytime sky once again. (I'm a single male, so what's the point of a
kitchen, anyway?)

My neighbors already think I'm a little obsessive with the divas.
This will make them think I've gone totally bonkers, a la Richard
Dreyfus in "Close Encounters Of The Third Kind".

Thank you ! It's reassuring to know I'm not alone in my new-found
dementia. If I see standing water or if tomorrow's forecast still has
no end in sight, I'm doing it. (Maybe I should also figure out just
how big a "cubit" is, just in case...)