Old 03-09-2006, 08:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ron Hardin Ron Hardin is offline

Default riding mower leaking gasoline

Ether Jones wrote:
Has anyone else ever experienced this sort of problem? What's the
street wisdom on fuel additives for cleaning the float valve?

My single experience with additives : they clog the carburetor by
dissolving crud that lines the fuel system, if you use it on an old
engine.

I've been using stabil with a Honda generator from the beginning, and
borrowed some of that fuel for the ancient lawnmower. The lawnmower ran fine
for about an hour and a half and then started missing, and hasn't run right
since.

The Honda works fine.

So I'm guessing cleaners aren't a great idea in old fuel systems. Odds are.

--
Ron Hardin