Old 03-09-2006, 10:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ether Jones Ether Jones is offline

Default riding mower leaking gasoline

Ron Hardin wrote:

I've been using stabil with a Honda generator from the beginning, and
borrowed some of that fuel for the ancient lawnmower. The lawnmower ran fine
for about an hour and a half and then started missing, and hasn't run right
since.

I use StaBil in all my small gas engines over the winter.

It was my understanding that StaBil merely keeps the gas from forming
varnish. I was not aware that it had any solvents/detergents for
dissolving existing varnish deposits.