Old 05-09-2006, 12:50 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Jim Conklin Jim Conklin is offline

Default CO2 Diffusion

Thanks very much. I've heard of that minor problem too. But I'll do as you
do. Thanks again for the help.

Jim C.

"Nikki Casali" wrote in message
Jim Conklin wrote:
Is it ok to just put the CO2 tube into the inlet of my canster filter? I
bought some crazy thing called the 'Aqua Medic Membrane Reactor". It
worked for a while (just discharging large CO@ bubbles into the water),
now the damn hose keeps popping off the tube, I'd rather go the most
simple route.

Yes. I have three planted aquariums where the CO2 tubes bubble directly
into all canister filter intakes. The CO2 is completely dissolved. The
only problem that I encountered once was when one of the filters had its
flow reduced because of lack of cleaning. The CO2 took longer to dissolve
and finally caused an air block. This hasn't happened again though.

Nikki