Old 20-03-2003, 06:56 PM
saki

Default Waiting for that first bloom!

(A guy named Emil) wrote in
:

Hi guys,

Is it just me or is waiting for the first bloom from newly planted
bareroots an exciting experience? I have been waiting about 3 days for
my Moonshadow to open up. I hope it will open up soon!

It's not just you. I tend to gasp when something new shows up for the first
time. One of my cuttings of Baby Faurax just bloomed last week; this is
actually the first time I'd see the rose in Real Life, so it was fun.

This week Darlow's Enigma, Gloire de Dijon and Oakington Ruby put forth
first blooms. The other week it was Purezza. All surprising and delightful,
well worth the wait.

Here is a pic taken this morning :
http://dodgetrucks.org/cgi-bin/index.pl?photo=5641

Nice healthy foliage!