Old 20-03-2003, 08:56 PM
torgo

Default still another batch of roses

On 20 Mar 2003 18:46:14 GMT, (Unique Too) wrote:

torgo writes:

Wouldn't a secret twelve-step program be more appropriate?

Torgo, Allegra and I recently discussed this possibility. The conclusion: It
doesn't work. No one has ever been successful in completing the 12 steps
(except the 12 steps from the car to the nursery).

Hmmm.... I would have thought we'd be pretty good at a 12 step
program.

The first step is acknowledging that you have a problem. We
acknowledge MANY problems : blackspot, aphids, japanese beetles, late
frost, clay soil, and lack of real estate, just to name a few...

Yay - the weather man came through once again. The forecast was for
rain all day (yet again) today. So sure enough, the rain stopped
sometime in the night and we haven't had a single drop so far all day.
Still no sunshine, but at least the ground has a little time to drain.
I won't have to dig up my divas and bring them all inside after all.
(Good thing, because I can't seem to find plans for a 30 cubit x 15
cubit raised bed anywhere...)