Old 13-09-2006, 09:34 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Richard Sexton Richard Sexton is offline

Default Hornswort question

In article ,
Ook Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete the Don't send me any freakin' spam wrote:
I've tried unsucessfully to grow Hornswort for a few years, and finally gave
up. Several months ago I moved, and in my tank I had a few 1 inch scraps of
old hornswort, barely alive. Today, it is an infestation that I have to thin
periodically. Is Hornswort sensitive to different water types? I have very
soft water right now, where before it was fairly hard.

It likes lots of light and food and doesn't care about water. I just relazed now
mine has all vanished whereas a year ago I was pulling it out by the garbage bag full.

Duckweed out-competed it. God I hate duckweed. It's the herpes of fishtanks.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net