Old 13-09-2006, 11:08 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Nikki Casali[_1_] Nikki Casali[_1_] is offline

Default Hornswort question

Richard Sexton wrote:

Duckweed out-competed it. God I hate duckweed. It's the herpes of fishtanks.

You must have had serious duckweeditis for it to out compete Hornwort.
One day, when I was bored out of my head, I decided upon the challenge
to remove duckweed from my 100L planted tank, once and for all. It took
over an hour to track down almost all of it. Every day thereafter I
checked to see if any came back. I'd get one or two leaves here or
there. Regard a single leaf as bad as having a tank full of it. That
leaf must be removed immediately. A week later and there were none to be
seen. Four weeks later, today, nothing still! Woohooo, I'm free! Well,
almost. I have one more tank to de-duckweed. Must be extremely careful
with cross-contamination in the meantime, however.

Nikki