Old 14-09-2006, 11:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Walking stick cabbage

Just cut out my two cabbage sticks - both straight and I'm really
pleased with them. Drying them is the obvious next step, but when I
looked into what to do next, I found a mention about polyurethane
covering. Checked it and it's for cars?! I'm not sure what I should put
on them. I thought I'll do a bit of carving to decorate them - but I'm
wondering about a protection. Has anyone came across the above
mentioned covering - and/or has done a stick and used a varnish on it
or something else? I'm also wondering if I should remove the bark too -
I'm scared to damage it. I thank you.