Old 21-03-2003, 07:20 PM
Diane Mancino

Default Largest Brassia species?

Thats it then- too little light move it back to the windowsill- I'm glad
its warmer so I can use the sill again.

Diane
"Pete" wrote in message
Diane,

My Brassias get very very bright light, mine are growing under a 430 watt
HPS w SonAgro light and they seem to love it! In the summer, they all go
out in the sunny porch where they get full sun.

Pete

"Diane Mancino" wrote in message
. ..
what growing conditions are you using for your brassia. Mine keeps

dropping
leaves- psuedo bulbs are fine. windowsill garden- recently changed

window
locations-very sensitive to change??

Diane

"Pete" wrote in message
Thanks! My gireoudiana now has 3 spikes and I'm looking forward to

seeing
the blooms for the very first time.

Pete

"Mark Stroube" wrote in message
.. .
Pete,
I think that Brs longissima is now properly known as Brs

arcuigera.
And
I am pretty sure that it is the larger of the two. -- Mark
"Pete" wrote in message
Which Brassia species produces the largest spidery flowers?

Longissima
or
gireoudiana?

Some say it's gireoudiana and some say longissima? I have a

gireoudiana
that
is spiking for me for the first time and this plant gets really

HUGE
fast.
It was a small seedling two years ago and now is a big specimen

size
plant.

I have a longissma hybrid which is actually 75% longissima and 25%
gireoudiana and the blooms were quite long (about 12 inches from

top
bottom, if I remember correctly) but the plant is much smaller in

size.
The
bulbs are much much smaller and flat with only one leaf or two to

each
bulb
which I guess is from longissima because gireoudiana has big

bulbous
bulbs
and 4 large leaves to each bulb.

Thanks in advance!