Old 21-03-2003, 08:08 PM
Radika Kesavan

Default Burgundy Iceberg

Kirra wrote:
Radika wrote:

I want this! Wonder if they have it released it for commerce in the
Northern Hemisphere yet. Kirra, you have just managed to torture
me through cyberspace :-). Know where this comes from?

Sorry about the torture :-) I love listening to everyone else talk
about which ones they want to get and when I saw the ad, I thought,
I've just got to share.

Heh. Sounds good.

Swanes in Australia has this on their website:

"Swane's are also responsible for the development of the new Iceberg
colours Blushing Pink Iceberg, Brilliant Pink Iceberg and the new
"Burgundy Iceberg" due to be launched in June 2003. These roses are
now causing sensation in the USA and Europe because of their free and
constant flowering,almost thornless stems and impeccable disease
resistance."

http://www.swanes.com/services.shtml

I have not so far heard of Blushing Pink Iceberg, though my Brilliant
Pink Iceberg constnatly throws out canes bearing blooms which look like
this.

So since it has just been released here and you guys over there got
Brilliant and Blushing Pink Iceberg, maybe it will be available over
there next season?

I will look forward to it.

If I end up getting it I'll send pictures, I promise

Hey, would you? That would be great. Living vicariously is not as much
fun as living by oneself, but it will be really nice to know what this
rose looks like in a real person's garden before taking the plunge
oneself g.

I'm still compiling my wish list, it's about 10 so far, and then I'll
narrow down to five before I order ... maybe six ...

What is on your current list?

oh well, maybe I can just plant any extras at my mother's place.

I am sure she would like that, as would you.

--
Radika
California