Old 29-09-2006, 11:23 PM
deadlyart deadlyart is offline
Registered User

Location: england

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat(h)
OK, this may sound awfully weird, but here it goes.
I have just "retired" a couple of feather pillows, and was wondering
how to dispose of them in the best possible way. Then, it struck me
that, maybe, it would be OK to add the filling - a mix of small
feathers - to the compost heap, and take the washed covers to my bring
centre to recycle the textile.
What do people think about composting feathers?

TIA
Cat(h)
The worms will love the feathers and also the human hair, I used to farm worms and considered feeding them hair from my local dressers but decided against the idea. My brother put me off when he reminded me about the dna content in human hair and said I would probably end up with mutant worms roaming around the community (lol)