Old 17-02-2003, 11:27 AM
Julia

Default lifespan of a rose

farmgal wrote:
Are there any old roses in the Capay Valley cemetery? I just checked
Mapquest, you're not too far from Yosemite, are you? What an
interesting place to live!

Thanks for the Sac info; I can't wait. And I guess Mapquest is wrong
sometimes. I'm about as far west of Sac as Placerville is east. 10 miles or
so from UCDavis and Vacaville. I haven't IDed anything for sure, but there's
a number of roses growing around headstones that date to around the turn of
the century. Are you in Placerville?

No, I'm in San Diego but a group of us took a trip to the gold country 3
years ago to scope out the cemetery roses. It was a gas!