Old 30-09-2006, 06:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Adding feathers to the compost heap?

"Cat(h)" wrote in message
OK, this may sound awfully weird, but here it goes.
I have just "retired" a couple of feather pillows, and was wondering
how to dispose of them in the best possible way. Then, it struck me
that, maybe, it would be OK to add the filling - a mix of small
feathers - to the compost heap, and take the washed covers to my

bring
centre to recycle the textile.
What do people think about composting feathers?

I compost any chooks that dies of natural causes and all that is left
in the end is the keel bone. You'll have no trouble with feathers.