Old 05-10-2006, 04:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] bamboo@localnet.com is offline

Default New mower blade

Hey John
The local mow and go guys seem to feel that the blades with the notched
lift wings are more durable in sandy areas. I think one brand is
"Gator"
JaxDawg wrote:
This seems like a silly question... but here goes...
I've just purchased new blades for my Craftsman 42" mower. The blades
are not at all what I'd call "sharp" - which surprised me. Should new
mower blades be sharpened before they are used? or is this angled edge
(but again, not "sharp") proper for a mower?
If it makes a difference, these are mulching blades.

thanks!