Old 04-10-2006, 02:46 AM posted to rec.ponds
Brendan DJ Murphy Brendan DJ Murphy is offline

Default Optimum flow rate through filter.

Experts might disagree with me later, but I have opted for 1 pond every
two hours. However, it depends to some extent on the efficiency of your
filter. I'm running a pressurised Hoselock with UV, followed by a plain
box bio filter.
--
ßôyþëtë

Thanks for your reply. Very helpful.

By the way, how do you get on with your pressurised Hoselock filter? Is
that the one with the small hexagonal-shaped foam inside?
We used to have one of those in our old smaller pond and found it a right
pain! The foam inside ours needed rinsing every few days and the water flow
kept reducing down to a trickle very quickly. Do you also have that
problem?

Brendan