Old 05-10-2006, 01:57 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Richard Sexton Richard Sexton is offline

Default Glossostigma

In article .com,
afedakendragon wrote:

wrote:
Does anyone have any tips for planting Glossostigma? I have some
cuttings and was told that tweezers would be needed to plant it. Even
with tweezers, I can seem to get just the roots down. I had to cover
the runner with gravel in some cases to keep things down. Any tips
would greatly appreciated.

I coudln't keep it down in my flourite/pea gravel top layer substrate
tank. Ended up rooting some in a little filter floss and then burying
that. Worked well.

Using long tweezers, I managed to get it to root in my sand over kitty
litter. Had to bury it pretty deep though! Don't be afraid to bury it
up to the leaf. It'll grow back out.

I'm not convinced that plant is worth the massive pain the ass it seems to be.

Commercially it's shipped on pastic grilles you can get in craft stores. You
can build java moss walls and carpets withthe same stuff by encasing the
plant between two layers. With moss you want to trim regularly so the
underlayers don't die from lack of light, go brown, rot and release
bits of moss everywhere.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net