Old 07-10-2006, 12:22 PM posted to alt.garden.pond.chat
itten itten is offline

Default Railroad Ties

I built my water garden with raiload ties stacked 3 high with a liner. I
was wondering if the creosote in the ties would leech into the pond when it
rained. I built one of these a few years ago and had some problems with my
koi dying. I don't know if it was a result of the ties or not. When I
noticed the fish dying. I added some shelves that I laid on the top of the
stacked wood. This would keep some of the rain water from entering the
water. Shoiuld I be concerned with this arrangement before I start adding
fish?