Old 22-03-2003, 11:29 AM
Larry Stoter

Default Counting frogs

Joe Bloggs wrote:

Changing the theme slightly - Is it true or have I dreamt that frogs and
toads don't co-exist in the same pond ? I have the frogs and frogspawn, but
would like to introduce toads to the garden too. I think they have a bad
press, but I like them.
B.

snips ....

You'll have problems introducing toads - they are very loyal to their
breeding areas. If you try to relocate a toad, it will probably try to
walk 'home'.

Spawn would be the best way but toad spawn is a lot more difficult to
spot.

Finally, moving amphibians around is probably not a good idea -
certainly frogs are threatened by diseases and moving adults or spawn
can easily spread disease.

--
Larry Stoter