Old 09-10-2006, 10:32 PM
Pond Skater Pond Skater is offline
Registered User

Yes, BoyPete - that's the thing... you plug the hosepipe in and off you go. Ha ha. I emailed a query to the company supplying them, and their suggestion is that I partially empty the pond of its good seasoned water so that I can fill it up with tap water whilst vacuuming it!

I have a small wildlife pond with an evasive colony of sticklebacks... they seem to have survived most things so far so I'm sure they'll cope with a bit a chlorine.

Well, we live and learn. At least it wasn't a major expense... anyone interested in buying a second-hand one?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyPete
Pond Skater wrote:
Hi

I have bought a Tornado Pondvac - a "clever British invention" (so
says the blurb) which is supposed to leave my pond crystal clear in
minutes. Actually, what happens in minutes is that it picks up next
to nothing, but the pond overflows because of all the tap water
pouring into it!! Please can anyone tell me if I am doing something
wrong?

Many thanks

Is this the device you fit a garden hose too?? Are there fish in your pond??
If so, you're pouring gallons of chlorinated water in.............not good!!
They are a complete waste of money. Sorry.
--
ßôyþëtë