Old 10-10-2006, 11:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
p.k. p.k. is offline

Default Armilotox, what strength?

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
Friend wants to rid his lawn of a number of fairy rings, I suggested in
the old days he could have used Armilatox, what is now sold as just a
patio cleaner, but what strength did one use it at in those days to rid a
lawn of fungi? I'm not suggesting for one moment he breaks the law and
uses it for that purpose now. :-)

http://www.armillatox.com/fairy.htm

Armillatox - Fairy Rings

Dilution: 50:1
Coverage: as applicable

Fairy rings are portrayed by a deeper coloured ring in the lawn enriched by
decaying fungi.

The mycelium underground spreads outwards gradually widening like ripples on
a pond after a stone has been thrown into the water.

Many gardeners have used the following technique with great success:

Using a fork or auger, make a ring of holes in the unaffected turf 10 cms
from the Fairy Ring.

Thoroughly drench with the diluted solution pouring directly into each hole,
either with a watering can or a Compression Sprayer, fitted with an injector
lance.

If any of the solution overflows from the hole onto the surface grass,
lightly water the area with plain water, using a watering can.

The area within the ring may contain small toadstool-like fungi. Remove and
burn.

Back to Home Page

pk