Old 15-10-2006, 07:53 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Critters in my mulch

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 10:03:29 -0400, "ACP"
wrote:

Every night some critter is digging in the pine bark mulch around our
landscape. Yesterday I spread some moth balls around and last night the
activity was the worst I ever had.

Not sure what the animal is, maybe possum or raccoon.

Short of sitting out there after dark with night vision goggles and a 22
rifle and suggestions for keeping the pests away?

Thanks....

We have squirrels, skinks, possums, chip monks, birds, shrews, and the
most annoying skunks digging in the mulch. They seem to dig in the
organic mulch and compost piles, and leave the rock mulch alone. I
guess an outdoor dog would keep most of natures critters away, but I'd
rather put up with nature's way than a barking dog.