Old 22-03-2003, 11:30 AM
Martin Sykes

Default What to grow in crap half of veg plot

"Rosie" wrote in message
So anyway, that's sorted for my beans but now I'm WAY to knackered to do

the
same for the rest of the plot, so what can I grow in it that will just
require basic digging over and no compost? I suppose it's about 10 feet

by
8 feet.

As a rough guide, root vegeteables need the ground 'like breadcrumbs' so
that they grow nice and straight without hitting obstacles. Anything above
ground will be fine without as much care. It'd be worth putting a 2ft wide
path down the middle to give you 2 4ftx8ft beds so you can reach it all
without treading on your nice soil. Thats also another 16 square feet you
don't need to dig :-)

Martin