Old 16-10-2006, 01:49 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
jd jd is offline

Default UPDATE - Sword is flowering again, now what?

Well, the "pods" have dropped off the flower stalks, and have turned into
little two-leaf "seedlings". they've drifted about and settled into the
gravel, but every night the cory cats seem to push them about to a new
place. They're nice and green, most fo them have sprouted a third leaf
(about 2 days from settling), and seem to be doing well. Biggest drag is
that thtey're too small to actually put where I want them - no roots to
speak of, and like I said, the corys are moving them anyway. Once they're
bigger, I'll move them.....

the original flower stalks are still there. they're fairly long now (about 2
inches from split to tip), and are just sort of floating there. The plants
now have 4 flower stalks each, all of which go tothe surface of the watter
with the flower bits sticking out of the water....

-_JD

"jd" wrote in message
. ..
what do the flowers look like?

I've got some mystery swords that have a flower that is 2 stalks, both
covered with tiny white flowers. After a while, the flowers fall off,
leaving little nubs on the stalks that then grow into pods...

--JD

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
My Sword is about to flower again, although I think it's a different
plant. Once it flowers, will I get seeds or plantlets or what? Not that I
really have room for more Swords at the moment, but it's an interesting
process.