Old 17-10-2006, 05:57 PM posted to triangle.gardens
[email protected] wdukes@fw.private.neotoma.org is offline

Default Are Apex soil and veg plants SAFE after fire?

On 2006-10-14, Susan Hogarth wrote:
laurie (Mother Mastiff) wrote:
I woke up that morning with a nasty sore throat. A couple of baby chicks in
an outside pen died.

I was not in the evacuation area, BUT, my yard was full of smoke, which the
rain precipitated into my yard. ...

I'll bet someone was burning trash nearby. I really can't believe the
'cloud' would have made it that far from Apex.

- Susan

It was pretty windless for the first 12 hours of the fire. Smoke rises
as long as it is warmer than the air, but when it cools those
particulates tend to stay where they are for a long time.

It was heading east into lowlying areas acting more like a fluid than a
gas.

Theaters with smoke("fog") machines often run it over a chamber cooled
with dry ice to get it to stay lower. I ordered one for a company when
I had my shop.

is a garbage address.