Old 19-10-2006, 01:29 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
[email protected] youhavereachedadam@gmail.com is offline

Default Cheap Metal Halide lighting

This site:

http://www.aquatraders.com/index.asp...TS&Category=24

has some of the better prices I have seen online for new lighting
equipment. I didn't look into their shipping to Canada. I ordered a UV
sterilizer from them as it was cheap, their shipping costs for the UV
unit were high... Hidden fee economy? Still ended up cheaper than other
low watt UV units elsewhere.

Richard Sexton wrote:
Well, the cheap way is to go to crappy tire and pick up some high pressure sodium
and mercuty security lights. The yellow of one cancels the blue of each other.

Or buy used gear. Craigslist.org and ebay is full of failed (or paranoid)
hydroponics setups and if you're careful and patient there are some good
deals out there.

Also check places that reccycle industrial fittings ("green stores")
as shops sometimes refit entire buildings and the lights sometimes show
up here.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net