Old 20-10-2006, 11:33 PM posted to aus.gardens
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Water restrictions and gardens

"gardenlen" wrote in message

salt is probably in everything even the natural landscape, and salt

is
bandied around as someway to influence chat eg.,. there is a recipe

on
our site to make liquid detergent for clothes etc.,. i contains 1

cup
of washing soda (salt), i've had people target that cup of salt

(mind
you when the regular off the shelf items don't even list salt), and
say that this is not good to recycle in the garden.

Huh? I know sod all about Chemistry but even I know Washing Soda is
sodium carbonate whereas salt is sodium chloride.

Are all sodiums bad for soil or just in significant quantities or
what?