Old 21-10-2006, 02:34 AM posted to aus.gardens
Terryc Terryc is offline

Default Water restrictions and gardens

Linda H wrote:

Every ounce of our used water goes back into our ground as we have a
Septech treatment plant. Treated waste (black & grey water) is
dispersed via dripper lines - it's clean and clear enough to even
provide a veggie garden with but it is not recommended but really you
could. Nearly every property in our area has these and it's always
green wherever one is installed.

You can make the output from the septic tank cleaner by running it
through a reed pond.the plants suck up a lot of the stuff and can be
harvested (1/2 at a time?) and composted. This will make it safer for veges.