Old 21-10-2006, 03:39 AM posted to aus.gardens
meeee meeee is offline

Default Water restrictions and gardens

"Ms Leebee" wrote in message
meeee wrote:

Time you people who've had water while the rest of
australia hasn't adjust your gardening methods, buy some tanks, and
get on with life. Moaning about how sad your dead lawn is and
expecting the government to build bigger dams won't cause rain, and
it will evaporate from the dams when it does. If you have a tank,
you'll be laughing over your green lush garden while those around you
complain. Oh, and learn to mulch.

Not all Victorians, meeee
I've been disgusted with the 'hosing down the driveway' brigade for years

I think it should be compulsory for every Australian home to own a tank
( looking forward to my own next March

I meant no slur against Victorians, as most of them are as waterwise as
any aussies....just the OP and all his water wasting friends (I don't think
i insulted Victorians...sorry if I did, didn't mean too!!)

I've got a neighbour who hoses down her driveway...constantly, very
annoying. Needless to say she has year round green lawn which she is
probably very proud of, but I don't think living in the tropics is any
excuse for water wasting....and when we buy a house, I want a tank!! I agree
on the compulsory bit!!