Old 21-10-2006, 11:47 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_1_] Jonno[_1_] is offline

Default Water restrictions and gardens

While I agree we have a drought, I also note that the corporations that
run things in Australia are acting like tin Hitlers when it comes to
enforcing and look like charging like wounded bulls for a resource that
belongs to every one.
Mismanagement of water resources, failure to act quickly when something
has sprung a leak, (when its been notified for weeks, some times months
like in the suburb of Belmore, that something is leaking) and then
charging people for water they dont receive, because they have water
allocations, but as there is a drought cannot have any this year but
still have to pay.
Water used by home consumers is only 8 to 9 % but we are being asked to
do more than any business to conserve water.

I would suggest that water used by business has to have certain things
in place to conserve water like the Car washes have. Every business
should if they use over a certain amount.
A study should be conducted for each business over a certain size in
water comsumption.

A Desalination plant should be set up near Geelong and other places
where salt is harvested to speed up salt harvesting instead of pumping
grossly saline water and wasting this precious salt enhanced water and
the nucluer power station should be set up near the sites that do so.
With the proper systems in place, it would create a worthwhile system
which for the moment slows down pollution and look for ways of spent
fuel disposal in the great australian deserts. We have vast tracts of
land and can go down miles in those places to bury this waste after
safely encasing this stuff.. There are alternatives to d(r)ying out as a
race, but I feel some thickheads could do so screaming at the top of
their lungs to save the ecology.
Anyway, thats a bigger picture than most would present here.
Am I to be run out of town for these ideas. What to others think?

I am