Old 23-10-2006, 03:39 AM posted to aus.gardens
Terryc Terryc is offline

Default Water restrictions and gardens

Jonno wrote:
lucky we have the huge Thompson Dam." Huh?

Anthony O'Brien from Energy Australia says that is time taken up doing
activities such as shaving, playing with toys, singing, daydreaming and
brushing teeth.

"That's an activity that perhaps people can look at whether they need to
do that in the shower or whether they can just do it over the sink," he
said.

What a thick dipstick.
So, what is the difference between the water running continuously in the
hand basin whilst you shave and/or clean your teeth and it running
continuously in the shower for the extra time it takes to shave and/or
clean your teeth,.

Coming up to a long hot summer and I've just had Integral Energy out to
butcher my street side shade trees, including one poor struggling
Melaleuca amarillis[1] that would need a tone of dynamite to have a
icecube in hell's chance of touching the powerline.

[1] Yes, I know they can grow into a medium tree, in wet area, but we
are on a sandstone ridge and it has intense root competion with half the
dripzone covered by road and guttering and has done little other than
survive for 20 years.