Old 23-10-2006, 04:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Kay Lancaster Kay Lancaster is offline

Default Remove pea gravel??

It has about 3" of Pea gravel covering the whole thing. I'm wondering
how much of that is safe to leave in the soil and not hurt a vegatable

If you intend to double dig, you can certainly work that much pea gravel in,
if you're not already on gravelly soil. (I'd guess clay-loam in a good part
of IL.)

If you've got fenceline, just scoop it into buckets and add it along the fence
to stop the need for most trimming. Or along the house.

Some good sized shopvacs can handle pea gravel if you're intent on getting it
all out of there... shovel most out, follow up with the shopvac.