Old 23-10-2006, 11:47 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dwayne Dwayne is offline

Default Green lemons!

I see two choices you might have. I would leave them on the tree until just
before the first freeze. Then I would pick them and put them in a paper bag
with a couple of apples. The gasses put out by apples will cause a lot of
items to ripen. I don't know if it will work on citrus.

Your second choice is to pick them and tell everyone that they are limes,
big limes. OK, I apologize for that, but I thought it was kind of cute.

Dwayne

wrote in message
ups.com...
Any thoughts on how I can encourage 3 green lemons to ripen? Being in
shitty England the weather is going poo so I am now concerned these 1st
born are going to go to waste before they become useable....

Thanks
Eddie