Old 23-10-2006, 10:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray[_1_] Ray[_1_] is offline

Default UK Morrison's £5 plants

Interesting...

The HD's I have been to carry scraggly, beaten-up phals, if any orchids at
all. The local Lowes, on the other hand, carries some really good looking
phals (many of which appear to be properly tagged), an occasional variety of
oncidiinae intergenerics and straight oncidiums, and even paphs every now
and then (although it's been a while).

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
. ..
I don't think so, Joe. The HD and Lowe's around here have been selling them
since we've lived here - 1999 - with no sign of stopping. Lowe's has pared
back a bit, but HD appears to have actually expanded their stock.

Diana

"jtill" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, the ones I see at LOWE'S, HD and Wally World are the same ones I
saw there several weeks ago. They seem to be slow sellers. They are
also the most bedraggled plants there.
These stores are not driving the Orchid growers out of business, they
are just filling the worlds dumps with compost. My bet is that htey
will drop the orchids in two years as a lost cause, let's hope so.
Joe T

john carruthers wrote:
Morrison's stores (UK) are selling no-name mini Phals in a ceramic pot
for £4.99
Can't lose.
jc