Old 22-03-2003, 07:56 PM
john fraser

Default Bumpy lawn+lots of moss!!

In article , Bazza
writes
I'm not after a bowling green but

I'm not really hijacking your query Barry but I also have a serious prob
with moss. On checking prices of lawn sand and other proprietary moss
killers I realised it'll cost me an arm and a leg as I have roughly 50mx
70m of grass to treat. I seem to remember from the ice age in Mr
Hessayons book " how to be a lawn expert" that sulphate of iron was
effective. True?? Does anyone know what dosage of it I should use in a
lawn spreader? Should I mix in some nitrogen fertiliser to give the
grass a boost? Could I mix in some coarse sand to create my own lawn
sand? TIA
(I have been here before but it's been a while since I posted. I see
the levels of personal abuse are still well up to the old standard)
--
john fraser