Old 02-11-2006, 08:28 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Reka Reka is offline

Default "Baby Orchids".....

Diana Kulaga wrote:
Darn it, Frank took the papers out for recycling this morning so I don't
have a copy of this, and I can't find a link to it on the NY Times site.
But, even if paraphrased, it deserves a mention.

Pictured in yesterday's Times was a lovely bottle (read flask) in which
rested a "baby orchid". The brief accompanying article noted that the flask
could not be opened until the orchid reached the top of the flask, and that
the orchid was sitting on agar. Thirty-something bucks for this little
useless piece of coffee table trivia, which will face certain death when the
owner opens the flask.

Some folks have just a tad too much patience for geegaws!

Diana

Look what came up on my news alert today:
http://www.coolhunting.com/archives/...tro_orchid.php

This should belong to the "Is there money in orchids?" thread...

Reka