Old 02-11-2006, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default Rose hip jam

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 13:52:24 GMT, "MikeCT" wrote:

I too have made quite a few gallons of rose hip wine using fresh and dried
hips. When making wine with fresh hips, I always used Rohament 'P', an
enzyme that breaks down the cellular structure in fruit, as does placing the
hips in a freezer for a few days. Rohament 'P', readily available from most
good home wine shops, also helps to retain the colour of the hips and
ensures excellent flavour and juice extraction.

I asked in my local wine shop and the nearest they had to the above
product was named something like ROHA-PECT something. It said it is
an enzyme. Is that the same sort of thing?

Pam in Bristol