Old 03-11-2006, 04:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Gail Futoran[_1_] Gail Futoran[_1_] is offline

Default Is this group dead or is the other one ?

"jtill" wrote in message
ups.com...
This old News Group was once big and strong, then the flame wars came
and burned it out. Unmoderated groups have a hard time that way. Good
folk still drop by occasionally.

Agreed.

Hey Gail, this has been a tough summer for my roses. Just a dozen and
all in pots as I am moving around. Didn't have a clue how to handle
potted roses. The poor things have tried every way to die. With Bayer
Systemic and cool weather setting in they are all looking better. My
cemetary roses, three of them, are doing great. The Cecil Brunner is
blooming like mad, the other NOIDs are growing just fine, hope they are
not from the same bush.
\Joe T

Hey Joe -

The thing I remember from growing roses from cuttings, was that during the
winter (or what we get for winter in south TX) I put them into the garage.
In pots they really don't have the protection roses in the ground have. I
think I also watered occasionally, but not much. Depending on how cold it
gets where you are, a shed might also work.

Gail
near San Antonio TX USA Zone 8