Old 23-03-2003, 12:32 AM
~ jan

Default Pump cage?

"RichToyBox" wrote:
My brother-in-law made a strainer/prefilter that a number of us
use from two of the mesh type aquatic plant pots.

That sounds very imaginative and and all around great idea.
I suppose, if you wanted, you could do the same thing with any plastic
container with lots of holes in it, perhaps a plastic laundry basket for
a really big pond. Michael Fermanis

Actually it has to be the mesh type, very fine holes, anything that can get
thru is small enough not to impede the impeller, as the mesh baskets are
not filled with any media. The object is large surface area. ) ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a