Old 23-03-2003, 02:56 AM
Daniel Hanna

Default Fish Emulsion.

In Huskies4all wrote:
Hello, I was wondering if Fish Emulsion was made from the actual fish
themselves or from their manure.

Fish themselves, or waste parts of fish. It varies. One product I've
seen (Charlie Carp) uses whole fish that are harvested as a pest an then
turned to good use.

What makes it good for roses?

The fish food chain works down to seaweed and other plant matter.
Seaweed in turn contains minute amounts of nearly every element in the
periodic table - gold included.

It might be a 'hit and miss' kind of analysis, but there's something in
seaweed and fish emulsion that roses like. If it's enzyme/hormone based,
great. If it's a certain effect from a trace element, that great too.
Someone will cut their PhD on the issue one day, no doubt :-)