Old 23-03-2003, 12:44 PM
Andr0meda

Default Bamboo as a hedge in containers

Many Thanks, Richard!
My situation is a drivaway which is across from the front door, and extends
in front of a loungeroom window. I'd rather see a bamboo from my lounge than
a fence? This is why I need to keep it slender, or I can't try to grow
climbers on my neighbour's fence.
Regards,

Andr0
"mullens" wrote in message
Andr0meda wrote:

Is this a good idea? To grow bamboo as a hedge in very narrow

containers, to
save space? What variety of bamboo would work?
Andr0

You can do this, but you will need to keep the bamboo well watered and you

will
need to take steps to prevent the bamboo from being blown over by the

wind.

Certainly, burying the containers would help. Though probably rhizomes

would
escape through the drainage holes you would need to incorporate.

I'd use a phyllostachys variety for a fairly high hedge.

Richard