Old 27-11-2006, 10:02 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
[email protected] youhavereachedadam@gmail.com is offline

Default Cracked Bubble Counter

I haven't experienced that and haven't heard of it. Is it possible the
connection was overtightened? Also, have you tried keeping the bubble
counter less full of water to keep the water from being sucked out?
From what I understand, you only need enough water to actually count

bubbles (in which case, once you have your desired flow, would any
water be needed at all?)

Bill Stock wrote:
I refilled my CO2 bottle today, as it was just about empty. I went to
replace the tank and I noticed that the plastic bubble counter is cracked
all along the bottom where it screws into the pressure regulator. This was
likely caused by exposure to the CO2. I guess I'll replace it in the short
term, but I'm sure it will just happen again. It's impossible to keep the BC
full of water, as the PowerHead sucks all the water out in no time. If I
can find the right adapter, I should probably just eliminate the BC all
together.

Has anyone else experienced this cracking? What did you finally do?