Old 04-12-2006, 07:51 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

Default Don't order fish

Jolly Fisherman wrote:

I would NEVER order fish sight unseen by mail-order.**I*get*all*mine*at
PetsMart or PetSupermarket.**Since*both*places*know*me*they'll *replace
anything that dies even it's a little past the 14 days.

That's fine if you are lucky to live near a well run PetSmart, PetCo,
etc. and you are not looking for anything unusual.**Otherwise*I'm*not
sure what else you can do if you don't live near a good specialty LFS
that has what you want.

There are both good and bad on line vendors out there. A couple of good ones
I've ordered from are Anubias Design and Aquaboy Aquatics.

AD had the fish I ordered die before he could ship them. Since he had no
substitutes I wanted, he promptly refunded my money.

AA sent me two more than I ordered and threw in a few White Clouds for free.
The fish were shipped promptly and arrived in great shape.

I've also ordered MTS and vinegar eels on line and both vendors were good
vendors.

So let's not give up on online fish. If you wonder about a vendor, ask here
or in some other aquarium forum.

--
It's turtles, all the way down