Old 05-12-2006, 05:42 AM posted to aus.tv,aus.gardens,aus.general
ros :\) ros :\) is offline

Default Isn't it funny how...

i know... but i can't do NOTHING just because business is water expensive.
that will change eventually, i hope...

it's not always convenient to do the washing machine/grey water thing, esp
at night, but i have it draining into a big rubbish bin, from which i syphon
it when it suits me... and i'm sick of tripping over buckets in the shower
but when those buckets provide all the water i need for several shrubs, it
sort of seems worthwhile...

i dunno, perhaps it just makes me feel better, and that can't be a bad thing
)

"lynx" wrote in message
imorf wrote:

ros wrote:
My lawn is pretty green too - i use ALL my grey water from washing
machine (front loader), shower (yes, savers) and rinse water from the
kitchen sink on the grass and plants etc. Adds up to quite a lot, and
everything's thriving, tho i did change my washing powder to phosphate
free 'green care' liquid - aus made, and works great.

/pat on the back.

Meanwhile industry uses how many thousands/millions of litres daily?

--

rgds,

Pete
=====
http://pw352.blogspot.com/
'Who are all these kids, and why are they calling me daddy??'